“Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any purchase made through such links will award me a small commission (at absolutely no extra cost for you). These funds help me keep this blog up and running. Learn more about it here.”
If you’re anything like me then you get super anxious when you see the cookie jar level drop. These chewy cherry biscuits, made with only 6 ingredients, are crispy around the edges but soft and chewy on the inside.
Every time I make biscuits at home, I vow to make so many that they will last at least a month. I’m yet to have any batch of cookies last that long. It just doesn’t. I have way too many cookie monsters in my home. As a result, the before bed biscuit habit has now not only rubbed off on my husband but on both my boys as well. The Crunchies I baked the other day lasted a whole three days. And, my Outydse Soetkoekie Recipe is always a family favourite.
As a result, I’m forever looking at expanding my biscuit recipe repertoire. I am always keen and eager to try new recipes. I’ve always loved cherries, and the addition of about 3/4 of a cup of glace cherries makes this cherry biscuit recipe irresistible.
What else can you add
If you’re keen on bulking up these biscuits, add any of the following ingredients.
- One tablespoon of cocoa – transforms this into a chocolate cherry cookie recipe
- One teaspoon of almond essence – you guessed it, almond cherry biscuits
- Half a cup of finely chopped almonds – Crunchy almond cherry cookies
If you’re keen to try other biscuits, why not head on over to Great British Chefs. Here they have provided seven of their best biscuit recipes for you to try.
How to make Chewy Cherry Biscuits
As mentioned only 6 ingredients are needed to make these chewy cherry cookies. Firstly, please the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence and beat until combined.
Secondly, sift in the flour and salt in batches, mixing well between each addition.
Finally stir through the cherries, careful not to break them up too much.
The mix will be rather stiff. So, I took a spoon and dropped it onto a baking tray and slightly flattened it. If it sticks to the spoon simply dip the spoon into the water before pressing it to flatten.
Finally bake in the oven at 190 degrees for about 8-10 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
Until next time!
Chewy Cherry Biscuits
- 150 g Butter
- 50 g Icing Sugar Half a cup
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 150 g Plain Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 70 g Glace cherries, chopped 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 190° Celsius
- Place butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence and beat until combined.
- Sift in the flour and salt in batches, mixing well between each addition.
- Stir in the cherries and mix well.
- The mix will be rather stiff, so I simply took a spoon and dropped it onto a baking tray and slightly flattened it. If it sticks to the spoon simply dip the spoon into water before pressing it to flatten.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked and golden brown.