“Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any purchase made through such links will award me a small commission (at absolutely no extra cost for you). These funds help me keep this blog up and running. Learn more about it here.”
Just when you thought roast pumpkin couldn’t get any better, this easy recipe for balsamic and honey roasted pumpkin dish comes along. It is easy to prepare and will make an impressive side dish to almost any main course.
It’s no secret that I enjoy vegetables. I’m always trying to be creative with veggies, and I like experimenting with different flavours and combinations.
Pumpkin is very versatile, and adding a variety of herbs and spices quickly changes up it’s flavour. For me the ultimate indulgence is when the roasted pumpkin caramelises.
Caramelized Roasted Pumpkin also makes for a good pumpkin puree, and can even be added to Pasta Ravioli Pockets. Spice it up with freshly chopped chillies or add Cinnamon and sugar to make it extra sweet.
Choosing to serve the roast pumpkin as is or combine it with other ingredients and make it a dish is entirely up to you.
If you’re keen to try more vegetarian recipes then there are a few others you can consider:
- Crunchy Noodle and Cabbage Salad
- Roasted Beetroot, Feta and Rocket Salad
- Balsamic-Roasted Tomato, onion and green pepper pasta
If you are looking for more pumpkin recipes, here are 50 recipes that reinvent the roast pumpkin:
How to make Balsamic and Honey Roasted Pumpkin topped with Feta, Sage and Sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Peel and cut the pumpkin into equal-sized pieces. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin in a bowl and toss together with olive oil, honey, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes or until cooked.
Once cooled, toss half the pumpkin, feta, chopped sage and parsley and sesame seeds together. Finish off by sprinkling the remaining ingredients over the pumpkin and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Balsamic and Honey Roasted Pumpkin topped with Feta, Sage and Sesame seeds
- 1 Pumpkin
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs Honey
- 2 tbs Sesame Seeds
- 200 g Feta Crumbled
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- 1 tbsp Fresh Sage Chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a large roasting pan with baking paper.
- Mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Toss the pumpkin through the olive oil mix and pour onto roasting pan.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- Once cooled, toss half the pumpkin, feta, chopped sage and parsley and sesame seeds together.
- Finish off by sprinkling the remaining ingredients over the pumpkin and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Until next time!