“Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any purchase made through such links will award me a small commission (at absolutely no extra cost for you). These funds help me keep this blog up and running. Learn more about it here.”
Since making these Double Chocolate Chip Muffins the very first time a few months ago, I’ve probably baked them more than half a dozen times. They seem to come out perfectly every single time. They literally rise to the occasion. These Moist Chocolate Muffins are soft and tender and the addition of white chocolate chips and an optional teaspoon of mint essence really gives it that extra flavour.
A few months back I shared my version of the Chocolate Chip Mugg n Bean Muffin Recipe. These Chocolate Chip Muffins were giant, soft, and fluffy and had the perfect muffin top. So, why fix what ain’t broken? This Easy Double Choc Chip Muffin Recipe is based on the same recipe with just a few additions. I simply added some Cocoa, White Chocolate Chips, a Teaspoon of Mint Essence, and 1/4 Cup of Milk.
This resulted in the Best Double Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe. The typical bakery style chocolate muffin you just cannot resist!
How can you make your muffins different?
You can choose to stick to the Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe below, or, alternatively, you can change it up by adding or interchanging any of the following ingredients:
- Add/omit 1 tsp of Mint Essence
- Use 1 1/2 cups of White Chocolate Chips (Can change to Dark Chocolate Chips/Milk Chocolate Chips)
- Add 1 TBSP of instant coffee to 2 TBSP of water and add to wet ingredients
You can really play around with this recipe to make your own fabulous combinations!
Hot TipUNLIKE CUPCAKES, WITH MUFFINS YOU WANT TO FILL THE TINS TO THE TOP, THIS WILL ENSURE YOU GET THAT PERFECT “MUFFIN TOP” YOU DESIRE.
How to make Easy Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, Cocoa, and salt. Add the chopped white chocolate chips.
Combine the milk with one tablespoon of lemon juice and let it stand for 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk mix and mint essence (optional). Slowly add the wet to the dry ingredients, and gently fold together until just combined. Remember not to over mix at this point.
Finally, divide the batter into 12 muffin cups and bake at 220 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperate to 190 degrees Celcius for another 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
These Double Chocolate Chip Muffins should have the perfect muffin top, but should be super fluffy and moist on the inside!
Until next time!
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 ½ cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 6 tbsp Cocoa
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter Melted, cooled
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk Curdled with Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Mint Essence
- 1 ½ cups Chocolate Chips White
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa salt, and chocolate chips.
- Set aside.
- Combine the milk and the lemon juice. Let it stand for at least 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk mix, and mint essence.
- Slowly add the wet to the dry ingredients, and gently fold together until just combined. Remember not to over mix at this point.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and bake at 220°C for 5 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 190°C and continue to bake for another 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and enjoy warm.
If you want to try out other muffin recipes, then here are 60 muffin recipes worth waking up for.
Leave a Reply