“Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any purchase made through such links will award me a small commission (at absolutely no extra cost for you). These funds help me keep this blog up and running. Learn more about it here.”
Can we be real for a second? I love cooking. I spend majority of my time in the kitchen. Sometimes I cook and bake because I want to, and well other times I have a family to feed. Days when I’ve run out of energy I’m after quick and easy meals. Meals that won’t take more than 15 minutes to prepare. It’s days like these where I am after recipes that are simple to make. It doesn’t mean that I have to compromise on the taste. After all, my family will be quick to point out that I have dropped the ball. These 5 Quick and Easy Supper Recipes Under 15 Minutes are here to save the day.
So when you’re in the mood for something tasty but quick, the following recipes could give you some inspiration to make wholesome quick meals. Most of these are familiar, so we’re not trying to be creative or inventive, but instead, prepare supper for days where our batteries are drained. If you’re looking for a quick 15-minute lunch idea, then give these tuna fish cakes a try.
Feel free to share your go to recipes with us, we would love to hear from you.
5 Quick and Easy Supper Recipes Under 15 Minutes
- 15-Minute Easy Spaghetti by Averie Cooks (see below for full recipe)
- Pineapple Sweet and Sour Chicken by Ready Set Eat
- Pork Fried Rice by Chrissi
- Spicy Fish Tacos by Jamie
- Beef Satay Skewers with Couscous by Taste
15-Minute Easy Spaghetti by Averie Cooks
Averie describes this spaghetti as an easy recipe, that checks off all the boxes of being fast, easy and ready in 15 minutes. As she is based in the US, I have substituted some of the ingredients with what is readily available in New Zealand, or the equivalent of what I know back in South Africa.
Until next time!
Easy Spaghetti – by Averie Sunshine
- 1 packet 500g Balducci Pasta Spaghetti No. 4 500g 500g Fatti's and Moni's Spaghetti (South Africa)
- pinch Salt Optional to taste
- 500 gram Ground Beef
- 510 gram Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce (Pams) Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce – 400ml Ina Paarman's (South Africa)
- Finely chopped fresh basil for garnishing Optional
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnishing Optional
- Fill a large pot with water and add salt. Cover the pot and bring the water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cover with a lid. Turn the heat off, put a lid on and leave it to finish cooking for 10-12 mins.
- While pasta boils, brown the ground beef. To a large pan add the ground beef and cook over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a spatula as it cooks to ensure even cooking.
- Once the beef has cooked through, add the pasta sauce, stir to combine, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- As soon as the pasta has cooked to al dente, remove from heat and drain excess water. Add the sauce over the pasta and toss to combine in the pan or alternatively plate the pasta and add sauce to each individual plate as desired.
- Optionally garnish with basil and Parmesan to taste and serve immediately.